Friday 22 March 2013

Illamasqua Pink Raindrops

Happy Friday everyone!!!!

I've been busy this week getting all my pictures and files sorted on my new Mac so I'm sorted to do some more posting from now on.

I also got the Duri Rejuvacote I ordered and I'm loving it so far. I'll be updating with how I'm getting on with it but at the moment my nails are feeling great, I'm really looking forward to Wednesday because clinics stop for a few weeks over Easter and I'll be able to wear polish every day, well for a little while at least. I have SO much to show you.... I just need some sunshine and some time!

OK, well today I have something exciting. Illamasqua's new Pink Raindrops. I'm sure I don't need to tell you about the hype surrounding Illamasqua Raindrops, the grey jelly with flakes (blog post here) which was re-released a few weeks ago? Well, Illamasqua have obviously been paying attention to what we like because they released this pink version when they hit 10,000 likes on Facebook. Of course, I had to order it immediately.

And here it is.

For these swatches I used 2 coats of Pink Raindrops and a coat of HK Girl topcoat. I would say that the formula on the pink version is quite different to the original grey, it is actually almost opaque in one coat where as the grey version is very jelly like and needs at least 3 coats. I was a bit disappointed it wasn't a jelly because, going on the original Raindrops I thought it would be and that's what i was looking forward to but the formula is good and if you don't like doing multiple coats then you'll probably really like this one.

So, what do I think? I like it but I don't know if I love it.... yes it's pretty but it's maybe a little too subtle for me most of the time, I'd say it would be very wedding or work appropriate though, or just great if you want something pretty and girly without lots of colour and bling. Myself, I'm resisting putting a glitter over the top and just trying to enjoy those little flakies. It does have a little hint of iridescence which doesn't show in these pictures but you can see in it real life and in the bottle, if we had some sunshine it would be more easily visible, oh well, just another excuse to wear it another day!

What do you think??





Tiny flakies!!

Can you see that iridescence? It does show on the nail a little to give the polish a little glow.
x

10 comments:

  1. it is very soft and pretty. not in your face but unique all the same. i recently started buying illamasqua polishes and am totally addicted now. :)

    fishgirl182 @ the painted ninja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few but need to try them, they are sitting in my untrieds. Everyone loves them so i thought i should give them a go.

      Delete
  2. Really, really gorgeous!! It is subtle but I think it'd look amazing with some delicate flowers painted on xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Char, you are totally right it would! I'm just rubbish at nail art, I should practice really, I've been wanting to do roses for ages!

      Delete
  3. So bridal looking, it's beautiful on you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karine, you are totally right. It would be a perfect bridal polish!

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting. I took off the annoying verification thing so I thought I better add some moderation to avoid spam messages, you know what the internet is like!

Anyway, it's great to get comments and I'll verify them as soon as they get to me.
x